Estrel’s caramel cake offers a taste of the past. How people enjoy their food then when there was no other luxury than fine taste on the dinner table. Established in 1947, Estrel’s is a part of history and still is creating one for the future.  The shop is located in 54 Scout Tobias corner Scout Limabaga, Brgy. Laging Handa Quezon City. There you will find a simple shop with cakes symbolizing extravagance. Putting their efforts in making their best seller not just taste heavenly but also pleasing to the eyes.

Every time I see their cakes, I always rave about the icing flowers. Where on earth can you find this kind of originality these days? Where can you find such edible roses in it’s perfection? There are a lot out there but none so far has caught my attention in terms of craft, art, and genius using a soft, yes soft, icing.

For my mom’s birthday, I was unable to order in advance (at least two days that is) for a layered cake or special shaped cakes as I was squeezed between work and events! I had to buy off the shelf and it was still perfect. Everyone in the party kept on inquiring where we bought the cakes.

There were people who came in with different cakes, in all shapes and sizes. We served them as well during the party on the buffet table and guess what, Estrel’s was the best seller. The next day we had to eat the other cakes or gave away some to our neighbors. Some of them even asked for the address and asked for numbers.

So for you friends, here are some details so you may also enjoy and have a taste of this, literally, food for the gods and godesses.

SHOP HOURS:

Mon – Sat: 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM

Sun : 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM

To produce the quality of their products, Estrel’s produce only a limited quantity everyday. Please place your order at least two days in advance. Cakes for Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Mother’s and Father’s Days must be ordered way in advance for better chances of booking an order. Wedding, Debut, Anniversary, and other big cakes must be ordered by appointment.

Cake Flavors: Chiffon, Plain vanilla, Lemon, Mocha, Marble

Orders and Cancellation by Phone will be received during shop hours only.

Sizes (inches)

8x 12, 10R

Plus 250

Plus 300

10x 14

Plus 350

Plus 420

Individual Roses (Rows of Roses)
8×12

16×24

Plus 680

Plus 980

20×28

Plus 1,000

Plus 1,400

Other Specialties of the house (Must be ordered 3 days before)

Apple Squares                   Box of 12 pcs      180

Food for the Gods              Box of 20 pcs     360

Chocolate Chip Cookies    Pack of 5 pcs        60

Leche Flan                         2.5 cups               220

Additional Charges

Candles – 5 pcs, free (big or small) 1 peso in excess of 5

Numerical candles – 10 pesos each

Special Motif – Min of 150 pesos

TELEPHONE NUMBERS: 372-2965; 371-7938

Related Post here: Cake: Its presence and as presents

Post to Twitter Post to Plurk Post to Delicious Post to Digg Post to Facebook Post to LinkedIn Post to MySpace Post to StumbleUpon Post to Technorati

Tagged with:

42 Responses to “Cake: Estrel’s Caramel Cakes since 1946… for it to last that long, it must be really good :)”

1. Khursten says:

OMG! Eto yung favorite cake ko from my friend’s house. *A* Caramel caaaaaake~~ *A*

2. Alex says:

Today, February 17, 2009 is my first time to eat cake form Estrel’s… Sobrang sarap! The best cake ever!!!

3. bing justine mae panganiban says:

the BEST cake ever!… everytime may occasions and visitor sa house hindi mawawala ang estrell’s caramel cake… more power!

4. fritz says:

THE BEST CAKE I’VE KNOWN!!!! SIMPLY THE BEST!

5. kat says:

i was looking for estrelle’s website, but i guess wala sila. your article is very helpful.. thanks a lot..

6. Den says:

the best cake ever :-)

7. ayeen says:

had tasted costa brava’s caramel cake…estrel’s is simply incomparable!!!

8. karen says:

i luv their cakes! wish they are able to ship it here sa LA :(

9. Anna says:

In behalf of my Estrel’s Mgmt, Thank you very much….

10. Anna says:

In behalf of Estrel’s Mgmt, Thank you very much….

11. djdertymyks says:

Meron napo sila Facebook Fan site if you want share ko po sa inyo yung link.

12. carlo says:

Hi can I order here by email??? Im having hard time contacting your landline.
    big heart cake with Happy Birthday Jilson
    all blue flowers will pick it on Monday February 15. here is my contact details 0915-2001560

Carlo

13. rakelle says:

looking for a contact number for estrel’s…got it! this site is really helpful! =)

14. karen says:

Yummy cake! Do they offer cakes for weddings? three to four layers? Thanks

15. Kat says:

Saraaaap….. best cake I had taste so far…

16. bam says:

hello esrtrels,

anu pong icing ang mas masarap? caramel or butter?

17. faithie says:

sobrang favorite ko to my ate liza gave a slice to me sobrang bitin..worth ang price yummy tlga..

18. sherrylyn cue says:

if ever po na punta ko dun sa store may ready na po ba?

19. mylifejoys says:

yup meron naman na ready na

20. zeronine says:

hi, pwde po ba akong mag order dito? i tried calling the number above, pero it seems my prob ang line. Nung monday pa ako nagttry. Pleasseeeeeee…. small heart cake with “HAPPY BDAY MONTY” ?09….PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 09228160409 i need it by july 16..pleaseeeeee..

21. anbonn says:

for special occasions this is my favorite birthday gift! only the best from estrels! caramel cake…

22. mylifejoys says:

too bad I can’t order for you… first I just read your message, 2nd, I’m not connected to Estrel’s in any way…

23. nhing fernandez says:

I will surely have one on my birthday!

24. amber says:

Pwede bang mag-walk in na lang at hindi na umorder by phone? Gusto ko rin matikman yang caramel cake nila.

25. amber says:

I want to buy one for my bestfriend’s birthday! I hope she’d love it!

26. yumi says:

hi, i want to order..can i have their contact details?

27. mylifejoys says:

@yumi, here are the numbers 372-2965; 371-7938 :)

28. mylifejoys says:

@amber, yes you can walk-in. if you want to customize, you have to call first :)

29. jonjon says:

Estrel’s is REALLY one of the best cakes ever. I’m buying one tomorrow for the birthday of a colleague and i’m very sure she will love it.
    @amber, you can walk in but the chances of getting the cake you want is very slim so you’d better call a day ahead just to be safe.

30. shine says:

how can i go to their store if i’ll be coming from ortigas?

31. niña says:

It’s still the number 1 cake or us family!!!we had this cake since childhood!!!=)

32. Maggie says:

I LOVE ESTRELS SO MUCH, SINCE FROM THE START THAT THERE NAME WAS STILL ESTRELAS THAT WAS LOCATED IN ROAD 20 IN Q.C. NOW THAT I HAVE MY OWN FAMILY WE ALWAYS MAKE ESTRELS A PART OF OUR CELEBRATION…THANK YOU

33. keerhos says:

i was looking for their website for almost a month now.. pero mukhang ala.. your blog has been so helpful.. wish me luck.. thank you.. :)

34. gigi vitriolo says:

I am such a big fan of Estrel’s cakes. I love its light, airy texture and the caramel frosting is the best!

I first read about it in Food Magazine (September 2005 issue) as one of the 10 best homemade desserts.

I immediately ordered by phone and picked up the cake the following day. It was also the cake that I ordered for my for my father’s 70th birthday in October 2005. Everyone in the family loved it!

You can also walk-in but it’s better to call first to be assured that you will get one.

Estrel’s is located at No. 54 Scout Tobias corner _______ Street, Q. C. I forgot the name of the other street. Tel No. 372-2965.

35. [...] some sweet pie, cake, or pastries.  Would it be Conti’s in The Fort or should I go to QC for Estrel’s??? Driving around I ended up in Oranbo and then taa-daaa, it just popped in my head… [...]

36. adam says:

My wife loves to eat cakes from Estrel’s anyway who wouldn’t want to. :-)

37. Cindy says:

This is the 1st time Ive enjoy the Estrel’s caramel cake… one of my officemate has birthday today..and I cant resist to ask where she did bought the cake.and she said its from estrel so right away I find a site that can give me more info about the cake..now Im so excited to have it on my birth day since its near February…heheeheh :)

38. Chris Jose says:

wow what a cake! I first tasted this when I was in college when I have to go to a unit in Recto I think this was the oldest and the first of their cake making business. It was so delicious and unparalleled taste I ever eaten in a caramel flavoured cake. I can never forget the taste of it. Now, I am going to go there to get the chance of eating this unforgettable taste of a cake I always wanted to taste once again. Am back from Auckland, New Zealand and this cake what I wanted before I came in Pinas. Hey nothing really like this. Won’t you atleast try and see the difference.

39. She says:

pinakamasarap na cake na natikman ko,,ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more power Estrel’s

40. cecille says:

gusto kong tikman meron po ba kayong branch dito sa pampanga?

41. absolutely one of a kind…

42. monette umali says:

I have been an estrella’s fan snce i was a little girl.. their first place was in manila.. 3rd floor of some building .. estrella was my ninang and i love smelling the cake each time i visited… it is a must have each time i am in manila to visit.. mocha cake.. yummmmmy!